This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic organization working at the cutting edge to apply information, knowledge-sharing and communication for more effective international development.
As Financial Officer, you will organise and coordinate the financial and salary administration:
- As required, enter, and supervise entry of financial and activity data into the administrative system;
- Supervise recording of time registration by staff and consultants;
- Produce overall and project financial reports and budgets periodically, and on demand;
- Supervise contracts, time budgeting and costing, invoicing, and timely reporting on projects and activities;
- Monitor Euforic’s liquid assets (bank and cash);
- Liaise with the salary administration firm, auditors, tax service and other agencies as required;
- Monitor AO/IC.
You will assist the Managing Director:
- In financial policy matters;
- In preparing the annual budget as well as the annual accounts;
- To prepare financial reports and advice to the Executive Committee and the Board;
- To develop and implement a management information system;
- To coordinate project administration and reporting.
You are able to work in a small but complex organizational environment, an affinity and background in non-profit or development sectors.
Euforic has a small core team based in the Netherlands. With a team of part-time associates in several countries, it operates as a virtual network using information and communication technologies to deliver public goods to its members and the wider community.
- Education HEAO-BA or SPD, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of VAT;
- Knowledge of EC funded projects;
- Familiar with on-line bookkeeping systems.
The position is initially foreseen to be 1 day per week (20%), preferably in the Euforic office in Maastricht.
Closing date: 25 January 2009 [interviews early February 2009]
Salary: Ranging from 29.000 to 35.000 EUR per annum on a fulltime basis, depending on education and experience.
Interested? Send us a letter and CV outlining your experience and abilities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in 1995, Euforic is a not for profit cooperative, owned and guided by members located in several European countries. Through advice, training, web services and joint projects, Euforic helps people share, access and apply information and knowledge for more effective international cooperation. Website: www.euforic.org