These people are sometimes called 'infomediaries.'
If you see yourself as one of these, or wonder what they are like, then a recent report from IDS brings together the outputs of a small meeting convened in early 2007. The discussions were rich and filled with diagrams and charts, some of which make it to the report. They were also supplemented with 'mobile discussions', when participants walked the IDS campus together - as the photos attest.
Participants came up with a number of challenges:
- Identifying content and leveraging access to it
- Setting and implementing editorial criteria
- Promoting access whilst upholding copyright
- Balancing neutrality and advocacy
- Understanding and responding to changing external environments
- Ensuring sustainability
- Demonstrating impact.
See more Euforic resources on information, knowledge-sharing and communication
by Peter Ballantyne